- In your Shopify Store, click on the "Apps" link on the left nav and then click on "MailMunch - Email Popup" app to login to your MailMunch account.
- Once logged in, click on the "Manage Site" link on the top bar
- Click on the "Domains & Emails" tab. Then, on the following screen, click on the "Add Domain" button and click the "Send Emails From" option.
- In the following dialog box, enter your domain name without "www". For example, if your domain is http://www.example.com, enter "example.com". You can also use subdomains like "email.example.com". Once you've entered your domain name, click on the "Add Domain" button.
- Once you've saved the domain, you'll see a "Fix It!" button next to it. Click on that and you'll see the following dialog box. Keep it open as you will need to copy the values from it at a later step.
- Now, return to your Shopify store's admin area, search for "Domains" in the top search bar and click on the first search result "Domains". Once you see your domain, click on the "Manage" link as shown below:
- Click on "DNS settings" link.
- Click on "Add custom record" and then click on "TXT record" from the dropdown menu.
- Copy the values from the earlier dialog box and paste them as follows:
- Name: Copy the BOLD part in the "Key" area of the dialog box. e.g. you'll see scphxxxxx._doaminkey.mydomain.com in the key area, however, you need to copy only the bold part, i.e. "scphxxxxx._domainkey"
- TXT Value: Copy the "Value" field in the dialog box and paste it in the "TXT Value" field as shown in the dialog below.
Once the values have been entered like shown below, click the "Confirm" button.
- Once the domain has been added, wait for a few minutes and then click on the "Verify Records" button in the MailMunch dialog as shown below. MailMunch will then verify the DNS entry and will let you know right away if it has been verified. If you see an error in the dialog box, wait for few more minutes and then click the "Verify Records" button again.
- After the domain has been verified, you'll see a message saying that your domain is awaiting compliance approval. This usually automatically happens within 10-15 minutes. You can check back on your domain after 10-15 minutes to make sure everything looks good.
In case you see an error that says that the domain is already in use, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org