MailMunch provides a robust integration with Zapier which allows you to connect MailMunch to more than 750 apps. Integration with Zapier is a two-step process. The first step is to generate an API key to be used by Zapier to communicate with your MailMunch account. The second step is to create a Zap using MailMunch's Zapier App. The guide below walks you through the entire process of creating a Zap which sends you a notification email whenever a new subscriber is added to your MailMunch account.
1. Make sure you have created atleast one form or landing page in your MailMunch account.
2. Make sure you have test subscribed to the form or landing page since Zapier will need a test subscriber to map the data with.
3. Once you've done both, you can proceed with the following steps.
Step 1) Generate MailMunch's API Key:
1. Log in to your MailMunch account, click on your email address on the right side and then choose "Account" to reach your Account's page.
2. Click on the "API Keys" tab and follow the instructions to generate your API key. You can name your key anything, however, to keep track in the future, we would recommend naming it "Zapier API Key"
3. Copy the key since you will need this while creating your MailMunch Zap
Step 2) Create your first Zap:
1. Login to your Zapier account at http://www.zapier.com.
2. After logging in, click on the "Zaps" tab and then click the "Make a new Zap" button.
3. In the search bar, search for "MailMunch" (without quotes) and select it if it is not already showing.
4. Select the trigger "New Subscriber" and click "Save + Continue"
5. On the next screen, click on the "Connect an Account" button
6. Paste your MailMunch API Key that you generated in Step 1 and click the "Yes, Continue" button.
7. Once you've connected your account, you'll see your email address listed in the box. Verify to make sure that it's your email address. Click "Save + Continue" button.
8. Select your Site, Form Type and Form from the drop down menus and click "Continue"
9. Make sure you have an existing subscriber against the form you selected. If not, subscribed to that form.
Click on "Fetch & Continue"
10. You will now be prompted about a successful test. This indicates that Zapier can now successfully talk to MailMunch and has verified the format of an existing subscriber using the form that you had selected in the previous step.
11. Search for an app that you would want to setup an action for. In this example, we'll use "Email by Zapier"
12. Select "Send Outbound Email" and click "Save + Continue"
13. In the next step, you can customize the email options such as "To", "Subject", "Body", etc. Once you've done that, click on "Continue"
14. You will be shown the test email for the last generated subscriber. Click on "Create & Continue"
15. You should now receive a test email on the "To" address that you had specified in the previous step. This indicates that the Zap is working successfully. Click on the "Finish" button and you are good to go
16. Give your Zap a title and make sure to turn it on to start receiving the emails whenever a subscriber is generated by your selected form.